Reflective Roof Coatings - Green Roof Systems
Reflective roof coatings are also known as Green Roof System. So, what is a Green Roof System? It is a Fluid Applied Reinforced Roofing, a.k.a. polyester-reinforced acrylic roof coating. This roofing system utilizes a superior acrylic roof coating waterproofing component and super tough polyester-mat as the reinforcement component. The system allows us to offer you more options that other types of roofing cannot. More importantly, it provides a quality solution for leaking roofs at a fraction of the cost compared to most re-roofing alternatives. And with 12-year or more available leak-free warranty, a new green roof clearly becomes the best choice out of all other commerical roofing choices. Some of the benefits are:
- Safety: There are no kettles or flames used. The acrylic roof coating is applied at ambient temperature. This eliminates the possibility of injuries from 500 degree asphalt, and fires caused from overheated kettles or torches.
- Environment Impact: Since there is no tear-off of the existing roof, we are not contributing to landfill. The reflective coating reduces roof surface temperature and saves electricity. This is the reason we call it a Green Roof System.
- Odorless: Acrylic roof coatings have NO odor, unlike the odors of melted asphalt or tar. Because there are no odors to irritate customers or employees, the project is less disruptive to your ongoing income producing business activity.
- Superior Acrylic Roof Coatings: West American Roofing's system uses time proven acrylic roof coatings . It does not support combustion, which enhances the fire rating of the roof. Asphalt heated in kettles is quickly degraded if overheated.
- Lightweight: The system's light weight allows application over the original roof with a minimal weight increase: 40 lbs. per 100 sq. ft., as opposed to the 175 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. for a cap sheet, and 500 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. for a gravel roof.
- Strength: The polyester is over 300% stronger than fiberglass or organic roofing felts.
- Flexibility: Acrylic roof coatings retain their structure, and remain flexible. Melted asphalt returns to a brittle state once it cools.
- Creates a Monolithic Roof: As the polyester is embedded in the acrylic coating, the saturated membrane becomes a seamless, integral part of the total roof system.
- Keeps the Building and Roof Cool: The white acrylic roof coating protect the roof from ultraviolet deterioration, and reflects solar induced heating from the building interior. This lowers the work load of the AC equipment, reducing energy, maintenance and utility costs.
- Cost Effective: This system can be expensed as maintenance, rather than capitalized over the years like a conventional roof.